Harvesting potatoes


Finally it is time to harvest potatoes.  We pulled and tugged at all of the old potato tops.  The soil was wet, muddy, and icky.  It was exciting and fun.  There were big potatoes and small potatoes.  The potatoes were purple.
By Waimarino

All the branches were old.  We found potatoes on them.  We dug and dug and found a lot and I picked up one.  They were sticky, yucky, sticky, yucky, and sooooo muddy that when I picked up mine it was dirty as dirty as.  Heaps of other people in my class got heaps.  It was a shame I only got one.  Then Fabian, Christopher, and Tylah-Dawnn got heaps.  Not heaps, thousands.  The bucket was full with big ones, small ones, huge ones, and medium ones.  Then they came back with the bucket full of potatoes.  We’re going to have a big feast on Friday. Mmmmm.
By Jordan


The potatoes look like big bunches of grapes.  The potatoes were all bumby.  Scratch, scratch, scratch.  We dug lots of potatoes.  The soil was really wet.  We had to pull out all of the old plants.  All of the potatoes started lifting up.  We are going to cook them on Friday and eat them all up.  I felt very excited.  I found a whole heap of them.  We all took turns.  We filled up one whole bucket and we nearly got another bucket because there were lots of potatoes.  I can’t wait to eat my scrummy potatoes.  I love harvesting potatoes.
By Chole S
 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class Treaty

Swimming

Welcome to Quad Blogging