Mrs Daub's Dudes and Dudettes from Canada have also helped us with our Global Table.
They answered our questions and also sent us some great photos.
- Where do you eat your lunch? We eat in our classroom at our desks.
- Can you order lunch at your school? Yes, we can order a fast food lunch once a week and a ‘hot lunch’ twice a week. Fast food lunches are hotdogs or from restaurants like Boston Pizza, Dairy Queen, and Subway. Hot lunches are usually healthier. Some examples are lasagna, macaroni and cheese, chicken fingers, grilled cheese sandwiches, pancakes and sausages and perogies. We usually get fruit or vegetables with it and a milk or juice to drink.
- What’s you favourite food to eat at lunchtime? When we bring food from home, we like sandwiches, apples, bagels, cold pizza, soup or ravioli in a thermos, fruits and vegetables and dessert snacks.
- Do you eat hot or cold food at lunchtime? Our lunch is usually cold unless we order hot lunch or bring a thermos.
- Do you bring your lunch from home? Yes, usually.
- What’s your favourite fruit? Oranges, pineapple, peaches, apples, bananas
- What’s your favourite vegetable? Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, pickles.
We were surprised that they have kiwifruit in Canada.
We also think they are lucky that they can eat chocolate at school.
Lunch in Canada looks delicious.
Thank you Mrs Daub and her Dudes and Dudettes for helping us with our learning.