We are learning how to write using the procedure genre. This is our first attempt explaining how to clean your teeth.
Monday, April 8, 2013
We have had a few people ask us for the recipe to our bean curry after tasting it at the school harvest festival. Here it is. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
FRESH BEAN CURRY
· 1 handful of freshly picked green beans – chopped
· 1 medium onion – chopped
· 2 medium tomatoes – chopped
· 2 cloves of garlic – pounded
· ½ tsp cumin seeds
· ½ tsp mustard seeds
· ½ tsp turmeric powder
· ½ tsp curry powder
· Heat the oil in pan and add onion.
· Stir until transparent and add pounded garlic
· Add tomatoes and cook until disintegrating
· Add spices
· Once well mixed add chopped beans and stir well (with salt to taste)
· Cook to taste (ie whether medium or well done) We prefer well don (soft beans)
Serve with roti (flat Indian bread or rice)